A host artist is an artist who is Listhus residency artist performs as a role of managing director. It is a temporary post without any long term commitment/responsibility. However, It is not a paid job, but the big part of your reward is you are getting a great chance to fulfil your personal achievement.
1) To bring new ideas and energy to Listhus
2) To provide mature/established artists a unique opportunity to work on their own projects that they can't find elsewhere
3) To create a membership management program at Listhus
Who can apply?
1) Former residency artists (we need the artists have been staying in Listhus/Olafsfjordur)
2) Artists are ready to move to the host level (leading role) of a residency program
Tasks and duties:
1) Arranging and hosting the monthly welcome party for new residents, and end of residency publicity
2) Having a site-specify project or research to be accomplished during the host residency
3) Host residents should stay 3-6 months, a longer period can be considered based on the size of the
What does the host artist receive?
1) Free accommodation and use of studio space
2) The minimum contract period is 3 months. If the host artists signs a second contract, they receive 50,000kr for transportation
3) Host artists have the right to select residents during their host period if they want to take the role for selecting artist or need to select artists to respond their proposal project.
How to apply?
Contact Alice Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposal and host date.