- Please indicate that you are an “Artist-in-Residence at Listhus” or the work made here is at “Listhus Residency, Olafsfjordur, North Iceland” in any press material that you send out. Listhus may use images of you and/or your work for promotion and support of the work here before, during and after your residency. Artists must inform Listhus if their portrait pictures cannot be used. Images used may be from the material that you submitted for your application or from the work created while staying here. Listhus may also document work created while in residence for archive and PR purposes.
- In further exhibitions or public events please indicate that the work was created at Listhus Residency in Olafsfjordur, North Iceland.
Listhus is a small non-profit organization with a 20% paid staff only. So, artists expect to take care of their daily life. Every our house supports 2 to 6 people and artists have their private bedroom, but shared living room, kitchen, bathroom, etc. Residency artists has duties to keep the house clean and tidy.
1) How their projects are related to nature and landscape?
2) How diversity of their life experience?
3) How realistic of their projects?
of course, plans and ideas can be changed based on-site experience
4) How interesting of their projects?
5) How interaction their project will be with local people?
6) How serious they are being residency artists?
7) How their characters are toward to an "remote" town?
8) We also look at their educations, but it is not the most important. We accept fresh graduation students or
even they are still studying in art.
9) We look at how passionate they are working on "art".
There is no funding or grants that directly related to the program yet, but the artists receive a signed, formal invitation and the application committee will be at hand to assist as it can with funding.
For US citizens: